Le forum a un nouveau style !

Faites-nous part de vos impressions et signalez-nous les problèmes ICI

Dialogue entre Dieu et St François (en anglais)

Ici on palrle de tout et de rien, dans la convivialité et la bonne humeur.
C'est aussi le lieu idéal pour donner votre avis sur le forum et proposer des idées sur son fonctionnement.
DocBB
Anciens

Dialogue entre Dieu et St François (en anglais)

Message#1 » dim. août 14, 2016 8:35 am

Le lien donne la traduction en Français Dieu et Saint François

The Suburbanites
Author unknown
Accessible at http://baetzler.de/humor/suburbanites.html

GOD: Frank, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on down
there on the planet? What happened to the dandelions, violets, thistle and stuff I
started eons ago? I had a perfect no-maintenance garden plan. Those plants grow in
any type of soil, withstand drought and multiply with abandon. The nectar from the
long-lasting blossoms attracts butterflies, honey bees and flocks of songbirds. I
expected to see a vast garden of colours by now. But, all I see are these green
rectangles.
St. FRANCIS: It's the tribes that settled there, Lord. The Suburbanites. They started calling your
flowers "weeds" and went to great lengths to kill them and replace them with grass.
GOD: Grass? But, it's so boring. It's not colourful. It doesn't attract butterflies, birds and
bees; only grubs and sod worms. It's sensitive to temperatures. Do these
Suburbanites really want all that grass growing there?
ST. FRANCIS: Apparently so, Lord. They go to great pains to grow it and keep it green. They
begin each spring by fertilizing grass and poisoning any other plant that crops up in
the lawn.
GOD: The spring rains and warm weather probably make grass grow really fast. That
must make the Suburbanites happy.
ST. FRANCIS: Apparently not, Lord. As soon as it grows a little, they cut it - sometimes twice a
week.
GOD: They cut it? Do they then bale it like hay?
ST. FRANCIS: Not exactly, Lord. Most of them rake it up and put it in bags.
GOD: They bag it? Why? Is it a cash crop? Do they sell it?
ST. FRANCIS: No, Sir, they pay to throw it away.
GOD: Now, let me get this straight. They fertilize grass so it will grow, and, when it does
grow, they cut it off and pay to throw it away?
ST. FRANCIS: Yes, Sir.
GOD: These Suburbanites must be relieved in the summer when we cut back on the rain
and turn up the heat. That surely slows the growth and saves them a lot of work.
ST. FRANCIS: You aren't going to believe this, Lord. When the grass stops growing so fast, they
drag out hoses and pay more money to water it so they can continue to mow it and
pay to get rid of it.
GOD: What nonsense. At least they kept some of the trees. That was a sheer stroke of
genius, if I do say so myself. The trees grow leaves in the spring to provide beauty
and shade in the summer. In the autumn, they fall to the ground and form a natural
blanket to keep moisture in the soil and protect the trees and bushes. It's a natural
cycle of life.
St. FRANCIS: You better sit down, Lord. The Suburbanites have drawn a new circle. As soon as
the leaves fall, they rake them into great piles and pay to have them hauled away.
GOD: No. What do they do to protect the shrub and tree roots in the winter to keep the
soil moist and loose?
ST. FRANCIS: After throwing away the leaves, they go out and buy something which they call
mulch. They haul it home and spread it around in place of the leaves.
GOD: And where do they get this mulch?
ST. FRANCIS: They cut down trees and grind them up to make the mulch.
GOD: Enough! I don't want to think about this anymore. St. Catherine, you're in charge of
the arts. What movie have you scheduled for us tonight?
ST. CATHERINE: "Dumb and Dumber", Lord. It's a story about...
GOD: Never mind, I think I just heard the whole story from St. Francis.

Michel
Admin

Re: Dialogue entre Dieu et St François (en anglais)

Message#2 » dim. août 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Génial !

Tout d'un coup, je me sens moins coupable quand je laisse "l'herbe", que je n'ose quand même pas appeler gazon, pousser toute seule et ne la tonds que quand elle est si haute que ça me mouille le haut des bottes, après la pluie.

Merci mon Dieu !

Au plaisir.
Michel,

Causses tôt, Causses tard mais Causses toujours... tu m'instructionnes ! :lol:

isabeille

Message#3 » lun. août 15, 2016 5:36 pm

:mdr

Voilà pourquoi j'ai décidé de me débarrasser de ma tondeuse d'ici à 10 ans ... en ce moment, je ramasse toutes sortes de graines de "mauvaises herbes", quand je me balade, et je les jette dans mon jardin à différents endroits !
1 ruche Warré pour commencer ...

bebert69
Anciens

Message#4 » ven. nov. 18, 2016 8:57 pm

Aujourd'hui je n'ai pu que re-penser à ce post.

Ça se passe au boulot, comme quasiment tout les vendredis, le paysagiste arrive pour faire l'entretien autour du batiment. Il sort son souffleur, engin bruyant et energivore, soite, pour réunir les feuilles...

Mais quand il s'est mis à souffler les arbres pour accélerer la chute naturelle des feuilles...pendant une heure, j'ai failli craquer... :france :france :france

isabeille

Message#5 » dim. nov. 20, 2016 8:39 pm

:shock: on a du mal à le croire ... :shock:
1 ruche Warré pour commencer ...

Retourner vers « Au coin du feu »